Tuesday, November 18, 2008

All is Well...It is end of semester

All is well and it is the end of the semester, so all you teachers know what that means. At the moment I am sitting in my classroom and students have just finished some test make ups.
Next week we have a special holiday to observe National Day. Today is the actually NAtional day, but it is never on the day, but around it. It happens to fall near Thanksgiving, but I won't really being doing anyting special. A Thanksgiving meal with friends, writing exams and preparing final grades. I am required to write a unique comment for all my students so it takes a bit of time. Our finals are on Dec 2, 3, 6, and 7. Last day of school is the 8th. I am not sure yet what we do that day. I think the students pick up their final grades and exams. I will officially be done with the first semester on Dec 8th at 12pm.
But it doesn't feel like the holidays, because it is 71 degrees outside. I haven't seen a rain drop since hmmm, must have been April? I will be going to Scotland on December 10th for 10 days. I will definately see rain there.
Coming soon, the report of the treck down Jebel Akdhar, more than I bragined for!!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Well, Lyd, don't feel too bad - it has been 70 degrees here too and we only had one or two days when it rained, so it doesn't really feel like the holidays here either.

Luis said...

its ok.. Its was about 21F (-7*C) this morning when I woke up, someone has to have nice weather somewhere. If you miss the cold that much, I can see what I can do about sending some your way, and I'm sure that my students would like the same.