Saturday, December 12, 2009

Another Rain Day

Tomorrow there is no school, due to a rain day. I truely wasn't expecting another rain day, but weather reports predict at least another two days/nights of rain.
I used to laugh at the rain days, but now I know why they are called. It is scary to drive out there on roads that are flooded or washed out. This morning it took people 2hours to get to school when it usually would take only 30 minutes.
Tonight and tomorrow I will be at home putting towels by my windows to soak up the water as it seeps into my apartment; All of this while I grade exams. I might be able to finish grades, if the electricity is still on. Let's hope for the best.

Just pray that people are safe, it isn't fun to drive in traffic here let alone when every other road is flooded. It's a nightmare. Keep us all in our prayers.

No comments: